Coaching Skills for Managers
All too often coaching is a management responsibility which tends to be pushed down the list of priorities. Staff consequently become demoralised as they struggle to complete tasks to acceptable performance standards and “grumbling” about lack of training dramatically goes up. Staff may also loose respect for their manager. However, taking time to coach others has many benefits such as:
- Less time spent managing poor performance
- More effective use of your time by delegating tasks to others
- Increased productivity and kudos as your department’s performance improves
- Improved organisational flexibility through multi-skilling
- Improved staff retention: People are more loyal and motivated when their line manager takes time to help them improve their skills.
- Positive work culture. Good coaching produces greater job satisfaction and higher motivation.
This one day training course introduces delegates to a systematic approach to identifying areas for development, articulating these as specific goals and objectives, developing and agreeing coaching plans as well as methods for conducting the actual coaching sessions.
Accredited ILM Coaching Programme
Accredited coaching programmes by the Institute of Leadership & Management are also available.
Senior Executives often do not have the time to attend formal training programmes. Their busy schedules necessitate a more flexible approach to development. Coaching plans can be agreed in advance comprising of short 1-2 coaching sessions. Coaching topics can range from strategic planning to personal development.
If you would prefer a closed course, delivered at your premises, don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements. An initial short consultation, to discuss training requirements, is free of charge, with no obligation to book. If your organisation is based within the greater Belfast area this can take place at your premises, otherwise the consultation will be by telephone. We will travel anywhere in Northern Ireland and beyond to deliver your training.
To discuss your training requirements
Please contact Kathleen or Margaret at:
Training Courses NI
To book any of our courses, please contact our office on:
T: +44 (0) 28 9072 6050
F: +44 (0) 28 9072 6060